Enjoying Breeze: Why Not Become A Breeze Ride Leader
Why become a Breeze ride leader?
Become a Breeze ride leader and you will become an ambassador for women’s cycling and the Breeze program. Our ride leaders are trained free of charge in the nationally accredited AustCycle teacher program to enable them to run safe and enjoyable bike rides specifically tailored to women. They will also receive free First Aid accreditation, Cycling Australia membership to the value of a silver licence and will be able to attend a yearly conference (including CPR updates) as long as they are actively involved in the Breeze program. The conference will provide excellent networking opportunities with other Breeze leaders where leaders can discuss their successes and solve any issues. Cycling Victoria will also offer support for promotion rides through a dedicated Breeze website, Twitter and Facebook.
What do you need to do to become a Breeze ride leader?
- Submit your expression of interest including your cycling background, affiliations in cycling and why you want to become a Breeze leader.
- Be a Cycling Victoria member (either through an affiliated cycling club/BUG or Cycling Victoria Recreation - reimbursement for the value of silver membership will be provided to ride leaders).
- Meet all the requirements of the AustCycle accreditation program including theory and practical modules and maintain your accreditation.
- Hold and maintain Level 2 First Aid (we will reimburse up to $85).
- Obtain a Working with Children Check from the Victorian Government (available for free to volunteers).
What does a ride leader do?
Run safe and enjoyable group rides for women! (May also include basic skills training to participants.) Note: We understand that ride leaders have busy lives and may not be available to run rides on a weekly basis, we ask that you run rides when you are able to, preferably at least once a month, within 3 months of completing your accreditation.
Report upon attendance at Breeze rides and ensure participants have completed a registration form. Note: This will take less than a minute of your time after each ride but is necessary not only to ensure your rides are covered by insurance but also to assist us report on the program.
Please submit your expression of interest to become a Breeze ride leader via email to: email@example.com